My recent new purchase turned out to be a winner.This product is something that is raved about by many people online, offline etc . I have a friend who swears by this product. I decided to try it out even though I do not have obvious pores on my face except a few on my nose.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT(From Websites):
The Body Shop Difference: Using The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer, pores look smaller and skin feels purer. It smoothes, primes and instantly mattifies.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Mattifies for a shine-free finish
- Leaves skin feeling fresh and pure
- Ideal base for make-up
- The Body Shop’s Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil comes from the foothills of Mount Kenya. Tea tree leaves are picked by hand and steam-distilled to release the oil. The Body Shop’s trade with the Kenya Organic Oil Farmers Association encourages sustainable and organic farming methods which help to preserve the area’s natural biodiversity.
Vegetarian. Not tested on animals. Contains Community Fair Trade ingredients.
How to use:
Smooth over face after moisturizer and before applying make-up.
Precautions: Avoid contact with eyes.
Ingredients:(Refer Pic below)
- Quantity: 30 ml / 1.0 US Fl oz
- Price: INR 1450 or $18
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
The product comes packaged in a slim, flat, tube with a screw-on cap. The best part of the cap is that it takes only one twist to open/close. It comes in a travel friendly size . Inside is a precision nozzle with a small opening. This makes it super easy to control the flow of product so that you don’t end up with either too much or too little.I love how hygienic,functional this product packaging is.
It smells of tea tree and the smell is strong. For people who don’t know how tea tree smells, It smells balmy like that of menthol along with some cumin seeds(LOL) , in short it smells medicated.I do not mind the fragrance at all,but it may be a concern for some 😛
Color & Consistency:
It has a pale yellow color and in a gel like consistency.
My Experience & How I use it:-
So the instruction on the tube says to “Smooth Over Face After Moisturizer” which makes a lot of sense since this has a bit dry consistency. It is difficult to blend without a nice moisturizer.You may end up using more product than necessary.On application this product feels tingling cool and helps blot shine on the skin. I mostly use this on my nose only. The first few times I tried it, I felt disappointed as my skin is extremely dry and I did not read the instructions.Later on I realized i was not applying that correctly.The effect is amazing, it does do what it claims although I don’t get what “Making Skin Feel Pure” mean. I do like how it makes my skin feel fresh and primed. Yes it is a good primer too. Skin is left shine free and matte. And I love that feeling.This does not overdry skin but instead makes it look hydrated.As far as its pore minimizing claims are concerned, Yes it helps in that too.I notice a smooth poreless primed nose after a while of application. Also there have been days when the product needed to be shaken up before opening as sometimes I noticed just some clear oil-like(may be tea tree oil- I DON’T KNOW)thing comes out instead of that yellowish gel.Effect lasts for a good 6+ hours.
How I use:
Different occasions call for different applications:-
- As a primer- This serves as an excellent base for good make-up. Provides a well poreless canvas to apply makeup.
- As a pore minimizer- There are days when I do not do makeup(practically everyday). All I do is apply a good moisturizer and apply this on my nose, sometimes cheeks and I am good to go for the day.
- Along with BB cream- Sometimes I skip that moisturizer and hence I mix this up with a little BB cream just to make a good blendable cream. This is normally done on days when My skin acts weird and oily 😦 .
- Prolongs the wear of a foundation.
- Attractive, travel-friendly and user-friendly packaging
- Precision nozzle dispenses the right amount of product
- Refreshing tea tree fragrance
- Feels tingly and cool when applied
- Smooth, lightweight texture
- Multiple uses:Serves as a smooth base for foundation. Mattifies skin. Can be blended with BB creams, foundations, tinted moisturizers and the like.
- You can mix some with your concealer and you have your very own good-coverage foundation
- Controls oil without making skin look powdery, dry or patchy
- Did not break me out even after I slept with it on
- Reduced and controlled my acne to a great extent
- Long-term use reduced pore size
- One tube lasts long and the quantity & quality justifies the price.
- Availability. There are very few TBS stores in India and most online shopping websites in India don’t stock TBS products.
- Does not shrink pores instantly as claimed (when used alone).
- Although it does control oil to some extent, it failed to make skin “look” matte when used for touch ups. Well, that’s what a “mattifier” is supposed to do, right?
- Some may not like the balmy, herbal fragrance.
My Rating:- 5/5
until next time TC…also do feel free to comment on this product 🙂