hey everyone, today I am going to the very popular mascara in town, The Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara.
Price:- Rs 350 for 10ml
Claims:- what Maybelline says about the colossal mascara !!
The most colossal lashes in just one coat.
- Lush collagen-enriched plumping formula and Mega Brush instantly build 9x volume, without clumps.
- Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
- Washable, also available in Waterproof formula
For Best Results
Sweep brush from root to tip to plump lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline New York Expert Eyes 100% Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.
This mascara is my first ever from Maybelline. The mascara comes in a catchy yellow tube packaging and has two variants- the washable one and the waterproof one. The waterproof one has the lettering in Turquoise as opposed to the purple in the washable version. It has a thick, dense wand which is characteristic of mos volumizing mascaras. The bristles are soft and neatly arranged along the length of the wand. Because of this thick wand, one needs to be very careful while coating the inner lashes and specially the lower lashes. I had a tough time trying not to get it smudged. I wish it had a curved wand.
The formulation is slightly on the drier side which is good as it does not clump or give wet smudges on the skin. But due to this dryness it leaves black flaky bits at the ends of the lashes sometimes. It coats the lashes well in a single pass but I like to go over the lashes a few times to get the maximum volume. The formula sets pretty fast so you don’t have to wait around for it to dry. It gives a boost of volume and length to the lashes which I love. I have fairly lush lashes and this does a great job of adding some drama to them. And one of the best things about this mascara is that it doesn’t make the lashes stiff or weight them down.
if you’re using the waterproof version of this like me, make sure to let cotton pads soaked in eye makeup remover sit on the eyes for a few seconds. That helps in taking it off without the tugging and rubbing that can cause your lashes to fall out (it has happened with me!).
Overall, its a great mascara and if you like dramatic mascaras, this a MUST-TRY!
- Attractive packaging
- Workable formula that dries quickly
- Gives a boost of volume to the lashes
- Adds length to the lashes
- Does not clump
- Doesn’t make the lashes stiff
- Completely waterproof
- Slightly dry formula – can give flaky bits
- Wand is too thick for inner/lower lashes
- Can be difficult to remove
Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara adds good length and volume to the lashes without clumping and is completely waterproof. The formula is slightly dry and the wand can be a little too thick for the smaller inner/lower lashes but even with these drawbacks, I think its a really good budget volumizing mascara. If you like dramatic lashes, do give this a try. If you’re looking for a cheaper dupe of L’Oreal Volume Million lashes mascara, this one comes close!
My Rating : 4.25/5
- Budget Volumizing Mascara
- Colossal Mascara
- Colossal Volume Express
- Colossal Volume Mascara
- Eye Makeup
- Indian Beauty Blog
- Indian Makeup
- Indian Makeup Blog
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Review
- Mascara Before And After
- Mascara India
- Mascara Review
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara India
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara Review
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara Review
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara Swatch
- Maybelline India
- Maybelline Mascara Review
- Maybelline Mascara Reviews
- Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara Review
- Maybelline Volume Express
- Product Review
- Volume Express Mascara
- Volume Mascara India
- Volumizing Mascara
- Volumizing Mascara India
- Volumizing Mascara IndiaBudget Volumizing Mascara