Hey everyone, I decided to review this from my recent haul today :). This product is part of the TBS Tea Tree range. I have previously reviewed THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE PORE MINIMIZER HERE , this product is almost similar in smell and effects on the skin, do check it out 🙂
Please note I do not have blemishes on my face(touchwood), hence I did not use it even once on my face, but I do suffer from back acne. It’s been a concern since the past few years, which has got me worrying. After trying products within my capacity,I have decided i will see an expert very soon. 😦 .
Today’s product review has mixed feelings. I am really satisfied using this every night, but the price & quantity is what puts me out. Read on to know more.
Current Price: Rs 995 or $20.
Quantity: 30 ml (I.0 UD FL OZ)
Suitable for: Blemished skin
From TBS website: This lightweight soothing gel crème sinks into the skin to help improve the appearance of blemish-damaged skin and equalize oiliness and replenish moisture while you sleep.
Instructions for use: Smooth over face and neck before bedtime. Regular nightly use helps minimize the appearance of post-blemish marks and discoloration. Infused with tamanu oil.
Ingredient list: Community Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya – an ingredient renowned for its anti-bacterial benefits, an infusion perfect to help blemished skin. The complete ingredient list is given on the packaging. You need to peel off the cover where indicated for the list of ingredients.
• Pregnant or nursing women should avoid tea tree oil.
• Undiluted tea tree oil may cause skin irritation, redness, blistering, and itching.
• Occasionally, people may have allergic reactions to tea tree oil, ranging from mild contact dermatitis to severe blisters and rashes.
• Tea tree oil should not be taken internally, even in small quantities. It can cause impaired immune function, diarrhea, and potentially fatal central nervous system depression (excessive drowsiness, sleepiness, confusion, and coma).
My Experience :-
The blemish lotion comes neatly packed into a sturdy green pump bottle. The pump has a protective cover. As mentioned earlier in this post, I have used it regularly on my back every night for the past 15 days. I feel 15 days enough to realize if a product is working on you well and good. TBS has a range of products in the name of tea tree, and this one is a part of it. To begin with, this product has a cream like consistency along with a strong smell of tea tree, has absolutely no fragrance, can be a concern for some(this concern should not exist especially if a product is a night one and is working to its claims). Every claim made by this product is true, it did control the oiliness on my back along with making some blemishes look less prominent. I get back acne on a regular basis, which left my skin red and sore, this lotion helps to soothe that part of my skin. When applied on fresh or newly developing pimples, I noticed that they reduced in size the next day. This lotion moisturizes the skin really well and gets absorbed into the skin really quick without any greasiness. Also the size of pores seems reduced the next day.
Due to this skin feels nice soft and supple 🙂 Love that feeling. Another thing to mention is that this product stings like crazy It stings just like any anti acne product would(atleast the ones I tried). It smells highly medicated. Also this product is cruelty free 🙂
This product will work really well if used in combination with other products from the same range. Although it works just as fine alone, results could be much better.
1. It is moisturizing and gives just the right hydration to the skin- neither too light, nor too heavy.
2. It makes skin soft and smooth. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels supple and brighter.
3. Works on pimples and acne. In my first application itself, I woke up in the morning to find the smaller pimples dried out. But it takes time on bigger stubborn pimples. I cannot say how it will work for people with a lot of acne. I have 1-2 stubborn pimples and some tiny ones and its working.
4. Controls oiliness. My face is no longer as oily as it used to be when in the morning.
5. My pores seem a little smaller. It could also be due to the day cream or combined effect of both day cream and night lotion
6. Packaging: comes in a pump bottle, so hygienic and convenient to use. The cover is quite tight and travel friendly unlike Lotus products covers that keep falling off.
7. One pump is enough for the entire face and neck. A little goes a long way. I used it for 2.5 months every night and after that only when I had a breakout.
8. Helps in lightening marks but doesn’t get rid of them completely.
9. Sinks in fast without the greasiness of a night cream
10. Fragrance: smells like tea tree oil. Those not familiar with the smell, it is something similar to eucalyptus smell. I like the smell though some people may not. But most acne clearing tea tree oil containing products have this smell.
11. Does not contain parabens.
12. TBS does not test on animals.
1. It is expensive. But since only 1 pump of product is required, it will last 2.5-3 months.
2. Does not clear heavy acne or blemishes completely.
3. Those who don’t like tea tree oil smell might not like it.
4. Causes mild stinging due to presence of tea tree oil. Might not suit some people.
It is light night lotion packaged in a convenient travel friendly pump bottle. The lotion is lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly giving soft, supple skin in the morning. It works well on smaller pimples but takes longer for stubborn pimples. Doesn’t clear out acne completely but improves overall texture of the skin. It might not work on people with very severe acne but for mild acne and blemishes and oily skin, this is a good product. Due to presence of tea tree oil, the fragrance and mild stinging might not suit some people.
Combined with the day cream, it helped me in controlling the oiliness and breakouts on my skin and in lightening acne marks.
My Rating :- 4.5/5
Until Next Take CARE 🙂