Again diverting away from my routine reviews, lets us today take a look at how celebrities get their looks, first by decoding each and every trick they follow. So today let us see how to make our legs shine 😛 Wierd as it sounds, but believe me it does help when you wear wear shorts dresses.
Many of us common girls are not really blessed with perfectly sculpted sleek legs without scarring or those ugly ingrowth marks. I hope these tips help you in at least correcting some flaws 🙂
Steps To Applying Leg Makeup:-
Funny as it sounds , it even gets funnier when you apply it the wrong way or make it obvious 😛
I have seen so many girls out there(personal experience) who rub foundation onto their legs. Sometimes it’s a hit or a miss.
- Skin Tone of your leg is different from your face(you may be a bit tanned or much lighter than your face).
- You will 2 shades of foundation, one for your leg & one for your face 😛
So let me share with you a proper technique using that foundation no matter if it’s light or dark for your legs.
- Exfoliate & Wax/Shave.
This a major step in order to achieve a smooth canvas to work on, you don’t want makeup on those little strands of hair or on those flaky skin cells. For this you could use a nice sugar scrub/lemon slice dipped in salt or sugar prior to your leg makeup application day.Shaving should be a regular routine as per your convenience.
Second important step. Apply it right after your exfoliation and let it sink completely into your skin. This may take some while. I usually prefer to use BBW Triple body lotions as they are so worth it.
3. Apply Makeup.
Just like you apply foundation on your face, begin by applying foundation on your legs in a circular motion.Fingers work best and help generate heat and makes the foundation blend much better into your skin. Or just try an airbrush spray.If you have scars then use a concealer.
- If your foundation/concealer is lighter than your leg’s skin tone then mix in some bronzer.
- If your foundation/concealer is darker then mix it with some matte white/skin toned eyeshadow.
4. Loose Powder
Next Step would be to use a loose powder over it. This does not have to be a high end brand. A nice alternative is the Baby Powder.
5. Bronze/highlight To Add Definition.
• Use a liquid bronzer on your legs. Make sure you rub it in evenly. The bronzer will add a subtle shimmer and shine.
• To draw some extra attention to your legs, try brushing a light shimmer powder in front of your calves. Highlighting enhance the length of your legs too.
• People who do not have that perfect sculpted celebrity legs should try the contour technique to get the desired result. Just take a spray tanning product and lightly spray your outer thigh area from the top side of your legs all the way down. Do not spray the centre front of your legs. Do the same spray technique on the inside of your legs from the top all the way down. Let this second coat dry. Again, do not spray the centre back of your legs.
• On days when you don’t want to use makeup you can use baby oil to enhance the beauty of your legs. Pour a couple drops of body lotion into your hand and add a drop of baby oil to your lotion. There is no set formula. You are just using the baby oil to bring out the shine. Apply the lotion to your legs, making sure you rub it in evenly.
Types of leg makeup
• Liquid: Liquid makeup can be a little messy, but the product is easy to control with the right tools. Dispense the product onto the sponge and apply directly on the skin in a circular manner.
• Spray on: It is the fastest and easiest way to obtain full body coverage. These products are convenient to pack and to use, if you’re ready to step out the door in a flash, a spray on formula may be the best product for body concealing.
• Cake: These products are very time consuming. Cake varieties pack heavy coverage with controlled application. This type of formula will last longer and provide a practically flawless result. But, they can clog the pores and cause mild breakouts with continued use.
Hope these tips help you guys.