Today I bring yet a very interesting post for you guys, I know the daily struggles beginners face with their makeup since a few years back I was one too. 🙂 Its not easy to get a flawless face in the first go or the many more “go’s” that follow. Understanding your skin and its needs can be a huge step to begin with.
Before I started this blog I knew only two types of skin – with makeup and without makeup :I never had a skin care routine, all I did was applied some cream I found in my house. I even applied Vaseline Petroleum Jelly 😛 which is good no doubt but not enough for our precious skin.
The basic Skin Types are :- Oily, Normal, Combination ,Dry & Sensitive .
Okay this skin type is just as the name given to it- “Oily“. Typically this skin type has a greasy shiny surface with some/without some large visible pores, Most of the time large pores are very obvious on this skin type. Usually no makeup can adhere well or last long with this skin. Also skin products become a huge concern due to excessive sweating in hot climates.
A skin which no woman believes she has it even if she does. Nothing normal about the smooth even skin which looks fresh and clean most of the time. It rarely breaks out and has good balance of water and oil.Consider yourself blessed if you have one 😛 🙂
Your T zones would look oily by midday but rest of the face may look normal or dry.This is totally my skin type.
This skin as the name suggests looks dry and flaky. It shows some kind of white flakes. This skin shows signs of aging much faster than any other skin type.
Easily irritated skin, can be itchy and reddens easily. Use hypoallergenic cleansing lotion and non perfumed moisturizer for this kind of skin. Rosacea is a very common symptom of this type, where one needs to get it treated professionally.
How To Determine Your Skin Type ?
- Wash your face clean with a cleanser. Dry yourself and wait for 30 minutes. Do not touch your face.
- Take some tissues and press them on different areas of your face; chin, nose, center of cheeks, outer cheeks, center of forehead, and outer forehead.
- Examine the tissues for oily or flaky residue. You can determine your skin type as follows:
- a. If the tissues stick, become little oily or translucent your skin is oily.
- b. If the tissues are oily only on T zones (center of forehead, nose, chin and center of cheeks), you have a combination skin.
- c. If the tissues are not oily but have flaky residue, you have a dry skin.
- d. No oil patches and no flaky residues means you can donate us some money. You have a normal skin type.