Hey everyone, another post filled with tips on how to choose the correct foundation.Basically the job of your foundation is to even out your skin tone and to hide any flaws be it blemishes, scars, acne or just plain dullness. With so many competitive beauty brands and choices within them,it gets really though choosing the correct one.
The 3 Things To Mainly Consider Would Be:
- Skin Type
- Skin Shade
Choosing Based On Skin Type:-
If you have read my post “All About Skin Types & How To Choose Your Skin Type“,you probably would understand your skin type much better & if you are already aware of your type,skip it. So lets check each skin types need.
Normal:- Girl,you are so lucky(*touchwood) you can use just about any foundation from mineral powder to tinted moisturizer; depending on your required coverage & shade.
Dry Skin:- You need the added moisture in your product. The best ones for dry skin are oil-based foundations (oil based tinted moisturizer for light coverage & oil-based cream or liquid products for heavier coverage), mousse product, tinted moisturizers & mineral product. Look for words like hydrating & moisturizing while looking for a product for dry skin. Avoid matte ones as they will make your look dull.
Oily Skin:- An oily skin secretes enough oil on its own so use only an oil-free liquid foundation or moisturiser. A matte finish one is also great for controlling oily shine and breakthrough shine later. Use a pressed powder after your liquid foundation to set it right.
Aging Skin:- If you notice signs like wrinkles, fine lines & probably a little saggy loose skin, don’t get freaked out and start opting for a heavy coverage foundation. It will just worsen things. Choose a medium coverage product with light reflecting pigments that will make you glow naturally.
Combination Skin:- If you have a normal-dry skin but an oily t-zone (nose and chin area & the skin below forehead), you should avoid normal liquid foundations. The best foundation for this is the powder one followed by 2nd best one for combination skin– liquid to powder foundations.
Acne Prone skin: – Go for ones labeled as ‘noncomedogenic’ or have ‘salicylic acid’ listed in their ingredients as this will keep your pores & frequent breakouts at bay & also make sure it is an oil-free product, though it can be powder or liquid.
Choosing Based On Skin Shade
Choosing a foundation to your shade can be quite a task.
- Make sure you test the product in broad daylight and not just in the store lightning as it can be deceiving.
- Narrow down to 2-3 foundations matching best to your skin tone.
- Never test it on your hand. Always test it on your jawline & then double test it on your forehead to see if the it matches your natural skin tone.
- Also try clicking pictures of yourself while testing the product. You don’t want to purchase it later on & realize it causes your face to appear white in photos.
- Don’t feel shy to ask for samples for usage of 2-3 times from SA’s as you can test it according to your convenience during day/night & decide for yourself if it’s right or not.
Last But Not The LeasT We Need To Choose The Type Of Coverage.
Choosing According To Coverage:-
- Sheer – This is the lightest coverage for those people who want to just even out their skin tone & have a natural look.
- Medium – These foundations are thicker in consistency and provide some coverage for people with blemishes, discolorations or other minor imperfections.
- Full – This helps erase severe imperfections such as acne scars. Also it’s the best form of foundation to use for photo shoots or for occasions like wedding etc.
Hope You guys Find this post helpful 🙂