hey everyone, I am super glad to get more and more followers every day , very soon I will be revealing the winners of my giveaway. Stay Tuned. Today’s review is a super cool eyeliner I got from a sweet friend of mine.She gave me this since she has been using this on a daily basis.
A few years ago when I started applying makeup, I had absolutely no idea about makeup, so my aunt gave me the most popular eyeliner of those days(basically 4 years ago) which is “Lakme Insta-Liner in Black“. It was so cheap for the quantity,gotta say it’s still cheap.
In India Lakme was the first cosmetic brand known to every women during the early 1950’s. It was a very common thing to own a Lakme Lipstick as told by my aunt. Lakme till today is a brand most trusted by Indian Women, although the competition out there is huge, it still offers products to satisfy a modern woman’s needs.
I love how they still produce cosmetics that were available during its inception along with some very modernized range of cosmetics.
Moving on to today’s review, I recently decided to re-purchase it from my friend who lives in India. She sent me some more Indian Cosmetics and I will soon be reviewing them for you guys.
INR 100 for 10 ml . Buy it Here.
- Lightweight and comfortable eye make-up for perfect definition.
- Water resistant formula ensures no smudging and smearing.
Could not find it anywhere 😦
Since this was my first eyeliner in my life, I never had better experiences, I thought of this as Holy Grail at that time. But recently I re- purchased it having better knowledge of eyeliners, I realized this is the worst. It comes in this bulky nail-polish type bottle, has a fine brush just like any ordinary Liquid eyeliner. All my years of considering this eyeliner as HG were a lie. This eyeliner is basically a huge disappointment by itself. Let me make it easier with my experience.
- Huge Quantity
- Low Cost
- Intense Black Color
- Takes it own sweet time to dry like more than 10 minutes , Aint nobody got time for that !!! I need to use a hair drier to get it dry and still its 10 minutes 😦
- Water Resistant Claim False
- While applying I have to dip it more than once. Could not achieve one stroke in one go. The Extra fine brush is not capable of retaining more liquid on to it.
- If it gets into your eye, your eyes burn like anything. Not for Contact lenses wearers.
- It is extremely messy. Smudges like anything.
- Throughout my day I go through emotions and mood swings, while wearing this I cant cry or laugh with tears of joy , this smudges like crazy 😦
I would never buy this product. . Lakme seems to be increasing the cost of its products at an exponential rate and the quality is going down at faster rate.
Lakme has introduced many more eyeliners after this in various colors. The Lakme eye artist pen is a favorite among st people these days. I have heard many good things about it.
My Rating:- (Null)
I do not want to rate something I hate so much.