Hey buds, today I am going to review for you one of the new launches from Maybelline New York. After launching a wide range of ColorShow lipsticks they added a few more recently which are creamy matte textured. I tried all of them but thought some were too bright for a perfect daytime wear. I decided to pick up a more nudist tone to compliment my bright eye makeups. Since this is a new launch I could not pick up much details of the other shades even though I tested them out at a Maybelline Counter. I just cant remember 😛
POP OF PINK is a nude bright cool pink. It has no shimmer or shine.
- Maybelline New York launches 32 new lipstick shades with the most stunning hues of red, pink, brown and mauve. They are vibrant moisture rich shades to suit all Indian skin tones. Enriched with ultra-care hydrating formula which gives your lips all day hydration. They are anti-oxidant and and heat resistant, which guarantees color integrity and does not even fade in extreme heat and humidity. Are you ready to show off your colorful sides?
- Here’s why you will love it:
- – Enriched with ultra-care hydrating formula
- – 32 vibrant moisture rich shades
- – Lip color doesn’t fade in extreme heat and humidity
- – Shades to suit all Indian skin tones
INR 325 for 3.9grams
Packaging: The lipstick comes in a packaging similar to the regular ColorShow lipsticks. The cap fits tightly enough to throw it in your bag without worrying. The shade name and number are printed on a sticker at the bottom of the tube, the color of the sticker being the same as the lipstick color.
Texture: As the name suggests, this is not a traditional matte lipstick, but a more of a creamy matte. It is not drying like regular matte lipsticks. This formula is creamy and glides easily on the lips. This feels very similar to the Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick formula.
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is outstanding. This being a lighter shade, one swipe gives an opaque finish.
Scent: There is a slightly sweet scent, but it does not feel over the top and you will hardly smell it after the application.
Finish: The finish looks velvety matte with one coat, but if you add additional coats, you can see a very slight sheen. Being a semi-matte finish, it does accentuate dry spots on the lips. It is best to exfoliate your lips before you use this. The lipstick is not drying on the lips but neither does it add any moisture. So, after wearing it for over 5 to 6 hours, I feel the need to apply a lip balm. It is better to apply a thin layer of lip balm on your lips before applying this lipstick.
Longevity: Lasts for over 6 hours which is quite good. There is no bleeding or feathering. The lipstick fades evenly without looking patchy. Being a creamy formulation, it does transfer slightly, especially if you have more than one layer on.
- Gorgeous cool pink shade which is perfect for the summer.
- Excellent pigmentation.
- Creamy formulation with a velvety matte finish.
- Good lasting power.
- Does not dry out lips.
- Travel-friendly and color-coded packaging.
- Does not bleed or feather.
- Does not settle in fine lines
- Good Quality
- Accentuates dry spots on the lips.
- Can be a bit drying if not touched up in time.
- Beauty Blog
- beauty Blogger
- best matte lipstick
- colorshow new launch lipstick
- currently loving
- hydrating matte lipstick
- Maybelline ColorShow
- Maybelline ColorShow Creamy Matte LipColour in Pop Of Pink
- maybelline colorshow lipstick
- maybelline colorshow matte lipstick
- maybelline matte pink lipstick
- maybelline new launch
- maybelline new launch lipstick
- pink matte lipstick