Today I am going to review the new Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal in shade Just Black. This kajal is also available in shades Grey, Teal, Blue and Green. I also got the one in blue which I will review tomorrow 🙂
Price : Rs 650 for 1.2 g . Buy Here.
The kajal comes in a dual ended sharpenable pencil form with a smudger at one end. I’m not always fond of smudgers as they can be very stiff sometimes but this one is fairly soft and usable. The texture of the kajal is smooth and creamy without being too soft, crumbly or overly powdery. It applies smoothly without tugging and delivers velvety rich black color in a single pass. The texture and pigmentation is just lovely! You can smudge the kajal immediately after application to get a smoky blended look but work quickly before it sets to a smudge proof finish. Some rich black kajal’s like the Bourjois ones can be a little waxy and feel a tad greasy when smudged but this one feels quite matte but not stiff. The SA will probably tell you that you can use this smudged all over the lid as an eyeshadow but I think it’s best just smoked along the lash lines as it can look a little uneven if you try to smudge it over a larger area.
It wears quite well through the day. I’ve been using it on my waterlines and along the top lash line and I don’t get any smudging, bleeding and the color stays true for a good 7-8 hours. My lids don’t get too oily or sweaty in the monsoons so that may be one of the reasons it wears so well along the lash line and barely transfers to the socket line. Hoping it stays put in the warmer months too! Overall, I really like this kajal and see myself repurchasing this when I’m through this one! If this came in a brown or plum variant, I would have definitely picked those too! Because it’s not overly creamy, it doesn’t require sharpening after every use and with the quantity in the pencil, I think this pencil will last for a while. Recommended!
- Dark and creamy black.
- Does not budge once set.
- Can be smudged to give a soft smoky eye, which does not settle in the fine creases (Note : You have to be really quick here, smudge within a minute).
- Absolutely smudge-proof and waterproof.
- The smudger provided does a decent job, and is soft enough for daily usage of softening kohl line.
- Long lasting, though I have not tested it for 12 hours, but it stays for a whole day with one touch up. Though it fades a bit, but the black kohled look stays intact.
- Water line safe, no irritation whatsoever. There is no uncomfortable feeling of something sticky in your eyes, which I used to face with Maybelline Colossal kajal.
- It does not get blunt quickly. Takes around 4 to 5 uses, before you have to sharpen it, so, will last long.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- Easily available online and offline.
- Sharpening leads to wastage, although the above pro that it does not get blunt quickly, negates this con to a great extent.
- Pricey it is, but worth the money.
My rating for Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal – Just Black is 4.9/5. I am in love with it. This product has come with least publicity and hullabaloo and is a gem of a product for kajal lovers like me. If you have been disappointed with the performance of Lakme Absolute Kajal like me, after you had been persuaded to buy it due to the awesome advertising skills, pick this one. This is absolutely worth the money you spend on it. It is rich, dark, long lasting and will survive weepy movies too Go for it.
- Beauty Blog
- Best Kajal
- Best Kajal India
- Best Kajals Available In The Indian Market
- Black Long Lasting Kajal
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Buy Online
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Just Black
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Review
- Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Swatches
- Darkest Black Kajal
- Eye Liner
- Eye Makeup
- Indian Beauty Blog
- Indian Makeup
- Indian Makeup Blog
- Long Stay Kajal
- Long Stay Smudge Proof Kajal
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Review
- Product Review
- Smoky Kajal
- Smudge-Proof Kajal