Maybelline is always launching new products in the market and they recently added some gorgeous colored kohl’s to their existing Maybelline Colossal Kohl range. While the new shades are quite common but I bet they will give some of the Faces & Lakme colored eye pencils a run for their money due to the competitive pricing. Today I shall be reviewing the only versatile shade from the range- Maybelline Colossal Kohl in Smoked Silver.
Price: Rs 249 Can be bought online at Flipkart
Maybelline The Colossal Kohl comes in 5 shades
- Jewelled Jade
- Crushed Emerald
- Smoked Silver
- Packaging:- The new Maybelline Colossal Kajals are packaged just like the other shades – a yellow retractable pencil packaging with color coded detailing. The shade name is mentioned around the bottom of the pencil easing identification. I absolutely hate pencils which need to be sharpened leading to a lot of product wastage hence when I realized these are of the retractable kind despite costing only 250 bucks, I was quite happy. The Colored Colossal Kohl’s don’t have any seal or the peppy cardboard packaging reminiscent of the original black kohl so be careful to check if you’re getting a fresh piece or not.
- Shade :- Maybelline Colossal Kohl Smoked Silver is one of the most versatile and unique shades in my kitty. Its a gunmetal grey with a blue undertone. This particular shade has soft fine shimmer which adds a beautiful sheen and does not look OTT. I have previously used a grey kohl,Its the perfect shade to break the monotony of the daily black kajal without screaming for attention. I also love using it as an eyeshadow for smoking out my neutral eyes for daytime.
- Texture:- The new Maybelline Colossal Kohl have the perfect texture, ideal for the Indian summers. It is creamy and smooth hence applies evenly. But, it isn’t too soft which prevents it from breaking even in the hot Delhi summers! The pencil isn’t as creamy as the Maybelline Black Kohl which tends to break and I much prefer the formula of the colored kajals.
Pigmentation:- If I have one complaint regarding the Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Smoked Silver then it has to be the color pay off. It is averagely pigmented but easily buildable. You need atleast 2-3 swipes for the true color to show up and it might not show up as well for those with dark circles and/or dusky skin tone.
Staying Power :- Maybelline Smoked Silver Kohl lasts for upto 6-7 hours with minimal fading on the upper lashline. On the waterline, it does not last more than 3-4 hours which is a slight bummer. Also, the shade did not irritate my eyes even when I applied on the waterline.
PS: I am wearing COLORBAR I-GLIDE IN AMETHYST SPARK on my upper lash line & the Maybelline Kohl on my lower lash line 🙂
2) Does not tug or pull
3) A beautiful and unique grey with a blue undertone
4) Decent staying power
5) Even finish and does not smudge for 5-6 hours
7) Does not require sharpening
2) Lasts only for 3-4 hours on the waterline
The New Maybelline Colossal Kohl in Smoked Silver is a unique shade of gunmetal grey. It can be used as a liner, eyeshadow or an eyeshadow base. The texture is smooth, the pigmentation buildable and has a good staying power. For the price, the New Maybelline Colossal Colored Kohl’s are a great purchase if you’re on the lookout for shades other than black.
- american blogger
- Beauty Blog
- beauty Blogger
- best eyeliner
- best maybelline kohl
- cheap kohl in india
- fashion and beauty blogger
- grey kohl review
- gunmetal grey kohl
- gunmetal grey smokey kohl
- indian blogger
- kohl cheap america
- kohl cheap india
- Maybelline ColorShow
- maybelline cosmetics
- Maybelline India
- maybelline kohl in smoked grey
- Maybelline The Colossal Kohl Smoked Silver Review
- smoked silver
- smokey eye kohl
- smokey eye kohl maybelline