I have been MIA for a little over a week now and work has kept me super busy. I have so many products to review, but just couldn’t find the time. Anyways, I’m back now and will be reviewing Colorbar’s Just Smoky Kajal in Just Blue. When I saw this at the counter, I was super excited because most of my makeup is concentrated on the eyes. A kajal with a smudger at the other end is not really a new idea. I have already reviewed the one in Black.
Price: Rs 650
Just Smoky Kajal gets you glam ready in just 50 seconds. This long-lasting, multi-tasking eye pencil gives you 3-in-1 benefits of an Eyeliner, Kajal and an Eye Shadow. It helps you to achieve the mysterious smoky-eyed look which will last for up to 12 hours. It comes with a built-in smudger that is as soft as a cushion which can be used to demystify the art of smoky eyes. The intense color and matte texture of the pencil adds definition and drama to your eyes. It has waterproof property and does not transfer.
Packaging:The product comes in the traditional pencil style with the kajal at one end and a sponge smudger at the other.
My Experience :-
So, a couple of weeks ago, I went to my regular beauty store and the SA introduced me to this beautiful-looking kajal. She said it was creamy and easy to blend and could be used as kajal, eyeliner or eyeshadow. I was sold! I got the eye pencil in “Just Blue,” as well as “Just Black” which is a gorgeous dark blue bordering on sea green and the other is a simple black. The color payoff is amazing and I have to give Colorbar credit for that. When you swatch it on your hands, it almost appears black, but after smudging, turns into the most beautiful shade of blue. I have worn this 5 times with different looks and I like the effect it gives to the eyes, but I am not entirely happy with the product. First of all, blend it within 50 second of applying or it sets. I mean that is not enough time.
Secondly, the kajal is not the easiest to blend. You really have to work it and I personally don’t like fiddling that much with the eye area. The smudger is not smooth and I have to go over the product again and again to blend it out properly, but the result is still patchy and unevenly smudged kajal. When I try to blend it, it also leaves behind some sort of little flakes. I am guessing that is because the kajal is set by that time and if you try to blend out the set kajal, it starts to flake. To me, this is a lot of work and playing around with the eye area that is extremely sensitive is just not my thing. I say buy it if you’re looking for a long-staying kajal or eyeliner, but don’t buy it if you’re looking for an eyeshadow. You get a little guide on how to use the product. You also have to sharpen it and that results in wastage of the product which I absolutely dislike. The kajal stays on my oily lids for about 6-7 hours but fades significantly after 5 hours.
Pros of Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal – Just Blue:
- Beautiful shade unlike any I have seen.
- Can be used as a kajal or an eyeliner.
- Stays put for 6-7 hours on my oily eyelids.
- Waterproof but comes off easily with an oil-based make-up remover.
- Ophthalmologically and dermatologically approved.
- Looks good if you have superpowers and if you can blend this perfectly in 50 seconds.
- Comes with a guide.
Cons of Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal – Just Blue:
- Flakes up if blended once set.
- Sets very quickly/not enough time to blend.
- Too much tugging and pulling in the eye area.
- I would personally like some more shades.
- The smudger is not cushiony as suggested by the brand.
- Sharpening results in wastage of the product.
- bblogger Beauty Blog Best Kajal Best Kajal India Best Kajals Available In The Indian Market Black Long Lasting Kajal Colorbar Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal Buy Online Colorbar Ju
- Colorbar just smokey just black kajal
- colorbar just smokey just blue kajal
- ColorBar Smokey Kajal - Just Blue Review